The notice for the 2023 Special Korean Language Test ( EPS-TOPIK Application 2023,) has been published by the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social Security, Department of Foreign Employment, EPS Korea Branch, Gwarko, Lalitpur.
- 10 Steps to Apply for Scholarships in Canada from Ethiopia
- Barbara J Devaney Memorial Scholarship: Honoring a Legacy
- Class 11 Computer Science Exam Paper 2080
- Class 11 Question Papers |Latest Updated
- SEE Exam Routine 2080 | Check Class 10 SEE Exam Schedule
- What is EPS-TOPIK ?
- What are the eligibility criteria ?
- Exam Schedule for Special EPS-TOPIK Application 2023
- Exam System and Marks Weightage for Special EPS-TOPIK 2023
- Other Important Information About EPS-TOPIK Application 2023
- FAQ EPS-TOPIK Application 2023
What is EPS-TOPIK ?
EPS-TOPIK” Is the Employment Permit System – Test of Proficiency in Korean. It is a test conducted by the South Korean government to assess the Korean language proficiency of foreign workers who want to work in South Korea under the Employment Permit System (EPS).
The EPS is a program designed to allow foreign workers from specific countries to work in South Korea in industries facing labor shortages. To be eligible for employment under this system, candidates must pass the EPS-TOPIK exam, which assesses their understanding of the Korean language.
What are the eligibility criteria ?
The eligibility criteria for the special EPS-TOPIK exam and the regular EPS-TOPIK exam for foreign workers seeking employment in South Korea generally include the following sections:
Nationality: The applicant must be a citizen of a country designated by the South Korean government to participate in the EPS program.
Eligible countries for the EPS program may vary over time and depend on employment needs in South Korea.
Age: There is usually an age requirement for applicants is 18 to 39 years. In some cases, certain years can lead to jobs in different companies.
Education: Education requirements may vary depending on the level in the EPS program. Some jobs may require a minimum education level or qualification.
Health: Applicants are generally required to meet the health standards set by the South Korean government for foreign workers. This usually involves passing a medical test to ensure they are fit for work.
Korean language skills: The level of Korean language required may vary depending on the job field. In general, candidates must pass the EPS-TOPIK test to demonstrate their understanding of the Korean language.
Work Experience: For some job fields, candidates may have relevant work experience or skills related to the industry they are applying for.
Criminal Record: Candidates should have a clean criminal record. Any history of serious criminal violations may result in exclusion.
Prior Participation: For returning employees who previously participated in the EPS program, there may be guidelines or restrictions on re-enrollment.
Their stay in Korea on E-9 and E-9-1 visas must not exceed five years.
Exam Schedule for Special EPS-TOPIK Application 2023
- Registration Date: July 29-31, 2023
- Exam Schedule Announcement Date: August 25, 2023
- Examination Dates: From September 04-15, 2023
- Results Publication Date: September 20, 2023
- Please note, if special circumstances arise, the examination schedule may be subject to changes.
EPS-TOPIK Application 2023 Update
Registration Process for Special EPS-TOPIK Application 2023
- Application Registration Date: The online application forms will be open for registration from Shrawan 13th to Shrawan 15 (July 29 – 31, 2023).
- Application Registration Procedure: Applicants must fill out the exam application form online by visiting https://eoers.epsnepal.gov.np. Once the form is filled, download and print the admit card and keep it safe. A demo of how to register the application can be viewed on the home page of the same website.
Employment Sectors For EPS-TOPIK Application 2023
The employment sectors will be Manufacturing and Agriculture and Animal Husbandry. For applicants interested in the manufacturing sector, you will need to solve 8 questions related to the sub-sector you are applying for from the 8 sub-sectors mentioned in the form.
Exam System and Marks Weightage for Special EPS-TOPIK 2023
The EPS-TOPIK will follow an objective multiple-choice format, with the structure as follows:
- Listening: 20 questions, 100 marks
- Reading: 20 questions, 100 marks
- Total: 40 questions, 200 marks
- Exam Duration: 50 Minutes for both sections
Employment Permit System (EPS) Benefits
Under the EPS, those who have received approval from the Ministry of Justice of Korea and returned as seasonal workers, who have passed TOPIK Level 3 taken after 2016, and who have taken skill development training after 2016, can get exam fee waivers and an additional bonus of 5 to 25 points, if they submit proof of these achievements.
Exam Day Preparation
- Every applicant must carry their admit card and arrive at the exam location 2 hours before the exam’s commencement.
- The admit card and passport are compulsory documents; without them, applicants will not be allowed to take the exam.
- Applicants who fail to appear on the scheduled date, time, and location will not be allowed to participate in other exams.
Other Important Information About EPS-TOPIK Application 2023
- Carrying electronic devices like mobile phones, cassette players, PDA, MP3, Smart Watches inside the examination building is strictly prohibited. Violation will result in invalidation of the exam.
- Cheating in the language test will result in a 4-year ban from the EPS-TOPIK exam. Impersonation is a public crime, and any offender will be prosecuted.
- If an applicant’s personal details (such as name, date of birth) on the Korean language test application form differ from those on their passport, even if they pass the language test, their name will not be included in the roster, and they will not be eligible for employment in South Korea.
- For more information, the HRD Service of Korea, EPS Center Nepal, or EPS Korea branch at Gwarco Lalitpur can be contacted.
- Please note that passing the Korean language test only makes you eligible to apply for employment in Korea and join the employment process under the employment permit system. It does not guarantee 100% employment in Korea.
FAQ EPS-TOPIK Application 2023
FAQs about EPS-TOPIK Application
1. What is EPS-TOPIK?
EPS-TOPIK stands for Employment Permit System – Test of Proficiency in Korean. It is a language proficiency test for foreign workers who wish to work in South Korea under the Employment Permit System. The test assesses their Korean language skills and is a prerequisite for obtaining a work permit in South Korea.
2. Who can apply for EPS-TOPIK Application 2023 ?
Foreign nationals who are interested in working in South Korea under the Employment Permit System can apply for the EPS-TOPIK. The eligibility criteria may vary depending on the specific policies and agreements between South Korea and the applicant’s home country.
3. How do I apply for EPS-TOPIK Application 2023?
The application process for EPS-TOPIK typically involves the following steps:
- Check the official EPS-TOPIK website or the relevant South Korean embassy/consulate in your home country for announcements and application dates.
- Fill out the application form and submit it during the designated application period.
- Pay the required examination fee (if applicable) as per the instructions provided.
- Prepare the necessary documents and follow any additional instructions given by the authorities.
4. What documents are required for the EPS-TOPIK Application 2023 ?
The specific documents required for the EPS-TOPIK application may vary, but typically you will need:
- A valid passport
- Passport-sized photographs
- Application form
- Examination fee (if applicable)
- Any other documents specified in the application guidelines or by the relevant authorities.
5. When is the EPS-TOPIK Application 2023 exam held?
The EPS-TOPIK exam is usually held multiple times a year, and the schedule may be different for each country. The exact dates and locations will be announced on the official EPS-TOPIK website or through the South Korean embassy/consulate in your home country.
6. What is the format of the EPS-TOPIK exam?
The EPS-TOPIK exam consists of different sections, including reading, listening, and writing. The exact format and duration may vary depending on the level of the test (e.g., EPS-TOPIK I or EPS-TOPIK II). Typically, the test assesses your ability to understand and use Korean in everyday situations and workplace contexts.
7. How is the EPS-TOPIK exam scored?
EPS-TOPIK results are typically based on a points system or pass/fail basis, depending on the policies of the South Korean government. To pass the test, applicants must meet the minimum required score or pass the designated proficiency level.
8. How long are EPS-TOPIK scores valid?
The validity period of EPS-TOPIK scores may vary, but they are usually valid for a specific number of years, typically two years. It is essential to check the specific validity period for the country you plan to work in.
9. Can I retake the EPS-TOPIK exam if I fail?
Yes, if you fail the EPS-TOPIK exam, you are usually allowed to retake it in the future. The frequency of retakes may be subject to certain rules and regulations, so be sure to check the guidelines provided by the EPS-TOPIK authorities.
10. How can I prepare for the EPS-TOPIK exam?
There are various study materials available online and offline to help you prepare for the EPS-TOPIK exam. You can find practice tests, textbooks, and language courses designed specifically for this test. Additionally, some countries may offer preparatory classes or resources to assist applicants in their preparation.
Remember to regularly check the official EPS-TOPIK website or contact your local South Korean embassy/consulate for the most up-to-date information and guidelines regarding the EPS-TOPIK application process.